Strathnairn Forest – Farr Section
Maps are courtesy of Inverness, Ross and Skye Forest District and show the forest areas originally known as Strathnairn Forest and later managed as part of Culloden Forest. See large pic.
This hand drawn map appears to be very much more of a forester’s working map of the same area as shown in the previous record No 4116. The compartment numbers run approximately from 1 through to 39 and roughly follow the years of planting which are from 1947 to 1958. The later planting in parts of compartments 1-5 are unusual and may point to a replant following a fire. Can anyone confirm?
Any names of people who worked in this forest would be very welcome.
Picture added on 02 June 2018 at 08:15