Last on site hut from Glentress Camp
Image courtesy of Ruth Robertson which shows the last remaining hut on its original site built around 1934 as part of an employment training camp for the unemployed by the then Ministry of Labour and served as a army training camp, possible Displaced Person camp, and as a Forester Training Camp from 1946 until 1953. There after the area came under the management of Glentress Forest.
This historic hut was shown as Number 18 in the map recorded in Record No 4057 and at that time 1952 was used as the District and Forest Office for the area.
Now apparently it serves as a fire equipment store and as a file store. Any information on its current use and future would be very welcome.
Picture added on 13 May 2018 at 11:42