Glentress camp children circa 1962
The image is courtesy of James Ross Deacon, Peebles and he comments:
‘On the front door steps outside Billy and Betha Brown’s – FWH No3. From left Isobel Brown? Alan Brown and Ross Deacon taken around 1962. House at the back is the forester’s house Falladale, which was built in 1957 on the site of the former double hut for the student accommodation. The first forester to occupy the house was James (Jimmy) MacDonald and family who moved from number No1 FWH.’
More photographs and stories from the camp and all who stayed there would be very welcome.
Picture added on 30 April 2018 at 14:15