Glentress Forest Camp sketch 1955
The image is courtesy of James Ross Deacon whose brother Thomas drew the online of the camp as around 1955. This was two years following the departure of the Foresters School and just before the building of the forester’s new house in 1957 on the site of the large double hut student accommodation above House No 3.
Thomas has depicted the different building structures to show those that were Corrugated Iron Huts, Nissan Huts and Air Raid shelters.
About this time Forest Worker House No 3 was occupied by forestry worker William Brown and family, No 2 by the Deacon family and No 1 by James Macdonald (Forester) and family before they moved into the new forester’s house as mentioned above.
The black building in the square above the 'cook house' is shown as a Nissan hut. This position was formerly occupied by the wooden clad cooks accommodation. Has that been moved to and become the 'cook house'? Who used the cook house?
Picture added on 26 April 2018 at 19:50