Glenmore Camp and Parking Charges 1956
The image is courtesy of Brian Duff, Inverness, Ross and Skye Forest District who came across this image of a single page of an unknown booklet which may or may not have been about Glenmore which was branded as a Forest Park in 1948. The full page is shown in the attched PDF (small symbol next to little green cross bottom right of image). Any information on the title of the booklet would be very welcome.
There is mention of public camping close to ‘Glen More Lodge’, separate camping area for ‘Juvinile Organisations’ and the Norwegian Huts for Youth Organisation (note the restrictions on mixed sex use). The facilities were somewhat sparse but there was always the ‘spray’ to liven a person up and in the case of the Norwegian Huts organisations had to provide their own beds or bunks and assume they hired it for a season.
Note the fact that Glen More Lodge was leased to Scottish Education Department and administered by Scottish Council of Physical Education who ran three types of courses.
Any comments and memories welcome.
Picture added on 05 October 2017 at 19:22